Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DC Trip Part Two - DC

Someone I know loves vacation...


Somebody besides me, that is.







I think this is the longest she's ever stayed in one place - at least 3 whole mins.



On to see our good friends - we miss them dearly. Jason is her buddy (and Erik's best friend of 17 years).







Elizabeth has become Stella's best friend (Jason's wife - we went to high school with these guys!).



Elizabeth began knitting recently and is doing a knockout job!



Glorious mornings at the hotel.



Fabulous bedhead.



Elizabeth spent much time in our room playing.



Daddy and Brock take Stella to breakfast at a favorite old haunt.






And they go to the Air and Space Museum.









The view from our room - our old neighborhood...sigh.



I'm always trying to get some sugars out of this girl.



Stella was actually sick for our entire trip back east. This is naked fever-fighting.



And this is post Tylenol.






Beth and Brock come by the hotel for a visit. We miss them in ridiculous amounts.






I got my fill of to-go coffee. That's something I miss most about living there - walking outside and grabbing a cup of coffee for a stroll. Liz brought me one nearly everyday, bless her heart.



Coffee before going to brunch, a must.



Playing with salt, pepper and sugar packets at brunch, a must.



What a beautiful couple!



And a great auntie!



And the best daddy.



And a crappy Bloody Mary! But who cares - we're at brunch!



Moving on to the farmers market where I used to spend every single Sunday morning for years and years.



And then onto "the Circle" (the fountain in Dupont Circle) to baby-chase.







Stella ADORES Beth and Brock.



Like I said, someone I know loves vacation. And great friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love all the pics of your dc trip. i miss you terribly--all 3 of you. laila is on my hip saying "mo tella"
awwwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

i had to comment again because sufyan and laila are looking at stella and missing you guys. laila is saying "hiiiiiiiii tella!"
i think you have the most beautiful family in the world

Brock said...

As always... SUPER CUTE!

BerlinBound said...

It shows in every single picture what a happy little girl you guys are raising!