Saturday, May 19, 2012

And Baby Makes Four

Looking back at the date of my last post, it is clear that the holidays hit right after that. Since then, our beautiful son has joined us in the flesh. Fahren Cyril (we call him Cyril) was born at home at 1:50am on February 19.










 Stella wakes up to a new baby brother (the sex was a surprise).



 A tired daddy the morning of the birth.















 Stella started a ballet, tap and tumbling class the week before he was born.



 My dad comes for a visit.



 Stella sports her tap shoes.







 Notice the little ballerina in the background.







 Stella takes a pictures of Cyril like Daddy's doing.











 Not a happy bather...











 Asleep in the baby hammock.



 Going for a winter walk in the pram.





We planted the placenta in the ground and planted a rose bush on top of it (we call it Cyril's Rose). I hadn't actually planned on doing anything with the placenta, but then we thought, Why not?



Just when I thought my heart couldn't hold anymore love, Cyril came along. Before he was born, I couldn't imagine life with another child. Now I can't imagine living life without him. The moments are going too fast. Already he is 12 weeks old and I find myself batting back the tears because I can't freeze the moment. Stella will be 3 in less than two months and Cyril is already rolling. Funny how milestones can be so painful sometimes. 


I must be the luckiest woman alive. There is more joy in my life than I ever thought possible.

A bundle of pure joy.

5 comments:

BerlinBound said...

These are some gorgeous pictures of Cyril! He had such delicate facial features as a newborn. How much he has changed already in these three short months! Can't wait to meet him in person.

Eliz-A-Knit said...

How precious!! Thanks for sharing these moments with us - I agree with Nicole, can't wait to meet him in person!! Such a beautiful baby, so happy for you all :)

Much love,
xoxo
E.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! Cyril is just perfect! You two sure do make beautiful babies. And so wonderful you were able to have him at home!

Anonymous said...

Oops- sorry that last comment was me- Jenna. :)

Amy E. said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! Love the ballerina pics too :)