Monday, December 15, 2008

Crisis Averted

Erik is a very smart man. I wish I could shout from the rooftops how much I respect him. It has been a little scary with him being laid-off, especially during the holidays and during a huge national economic crisis, but I knew he would find something. Alas, he has been offered--and has accepted--a job based in DC! Most importantly, he will still be doing what he loves, and an added bonus is that they'll fly him to DC 4x/year. We were calmly facing the possibility of being unemployed for an unknown period of time, but we are completely embracing the huge relief that we're feeling! It still doesn't feel like we can relax after being so financially tense, but it's nice to know that a paycheck will be coming soon.

It's all been good timing given that I cannot fit into my clothes anymore at all. I have two pairs of maternity jeans and two maternity shirts that I wear as a uniform since that's all that fits. I bought them in DC when we visited and still had jobs - had I known we'd be financially tighter soon, I would not have bought both shirts in black! Finally, I was able to visit a maternity store and buy a few shirts that do not make me look goth (just fat) :)

Oh, and we heard Firecracker's heartbeat for the first time yesterday (that's the nickname since we're due on the 4th of July)! Meet Firecracker:







4 comments:

Amy E. said...

Yay for income! Glad to hear you guys are doing better. Love the nickname Firecracker, btw!

Christy P said...

what's up girl-christy here from jury duty. for others who read this, yes, we met on jury duty, no, you wouldn't believe if you'd seen it!

congrats on firecracker! i'm pregnant with baby #2 and due 7/11 (does that mean i have to nickname my baby slurpee?)

you're pictures are beautiful. can't wait to read more!!!

-C

www.twistedtoes.blogspot.com

Yuh Muhthuh said...

Cris, you still look svelte! Firecracker is just a little bump. A bump with a heartbeat. Thank you so much for going through all this to give you and Erik a baby. Even as a very young boy, E.J. was unusually loving towards widda biddas. He's a natural dad.
I'm sorry you two had to go through the stress of the layoff, no matter how short a time. I knew Erik would land something (or die trying). That's the winner you married, smart girl.

Boosh said...

you look beautiful, girl