Sunday, June 28, 2009

From DC with LOVE

My beautiful, beautiful former coworkers in DC sent us the most precious gifts for our little Firecracker!!! Firecracker will always have very strong ties to DC with some of our closest friends being there and Erik's family. Even Erik's uncle works for a U.S. Senator, and of course, Erik still works for a DC company that brings him back 4+ times/year.

My coworkers...







What they sent...












I think this photo album really touched me the most. Not only did they give me precious copies of pictures from the work we've done together - pictures I didn't have - and copies of photos of us together, but they also took several new ones with everyone in the office, all with a special message just for me. They also included pictures of DC landmarks that I adore, and of my old neighborhood - Dupont Circle - a place that was like an identity to me. I am so touched by the time that was taken to do this very labor-intensive project. To have these memories all in one place, and to have new ones made on my behalf leaves me speechless.

Sometimes work is work, and when you leave a job, it's just goodbye. But I really did leave a small family behind, and I am just so touched by how much they care about me and how much they've done and still do for me. It makes all the difference when people just take the time to let you know how much your loved. I feel so incredibly loved, and I feel like this baby has a welcoming committee that stretches from coast-to-coast - a safety net of people that is reinforced by SO much love!

A deep thank you to my family and friends at CWLA!!! I hope you are all still there when I send Firecracker to DC to do an internship :)

No comments: