Monday, September 14, 2009

Clarification

I have been meaning to follow-up my last post with a comment, but I'm doing it later than I wanted to (I blame my child :)

While no one is accusing me of this at all, I just wanted to let friends and family know that my last post was in no way intended as a slap. In fact, I meant to write about how I understand that people don't always know how to react to death and how to bring it up, especially when it seems someone may have moved on and may not want to be reminded. I meant to say that I totally understand these intentions and that I blame no one. I think more than anything, I was exercising my true emotions in preparation for my group. I meant to say that I actually think it's interesting how it's all played out with people close to me, and how I've been able to learn a lesson that you just can't learn unless you lose someone (unfortunately). It's not a lesson I would wish on anyone . I'm glad most people don't exactly know how to react because it means that they've suffered a loss - not something I want for them at all.

And so I offer an apology for the way I came across and didn't intend to. My friends and family are what got me through this terrible mess. I don't feel abandoned in any way. I feel like people are afraid to ask and I don't blame them (I meant to say that, too). But after some comments and emails I've gotten, at least now I know that people haven't forgotten. I love you all and I appreciate your continued love and support.

No comments: